Search By Town
Search By Map
Tullow Museum - Tullow, County Carlow
A history museum located in Tullow in County Carlow
Tullow Museum is a voluntary body and is run by Tullowphelim Historical Society Ltd.(TPHS). It is located in an attractive, stone built, former Methodist church at the River Slaney Bridge in Tullow. The society bought this old church and lovingly restored it with the help of many generous sponsors for future generations.
Tullow Museum features a splendid collection of artefacts, war memorabilia, photographs and shop items reflecting local history, in particular Fr. Murphy's 1798 connection with the town, including what are reputed to be his last Mass vestments. Fr. Murphy a Wexford man championed Ireland’s cause for freedom in the battles of Vinegar Hill 1798. He was eventually captured near Tullow and killed in the town square where a monument now stands in his memory.
The many displays feature collections of local shop and industry items, photographs, genealogy records, and headstone inscription records.
Directions to Tullow Museum
Located on Bridge Street in Tullow Town
Sat Nav: 52.802219,-6.737674